I've Been Called Out
Alrighty- Jacqueline would like to know...
1. Total amount of music files on your computer: 4.28 GB, if I did the search correctly ;)
2. The last CD you bought was: Laurie Berkner, Buzz Buzz for the kids, the soundtrack from Garden State for myself.
3. What is the song you last listened to before reading this message? "Dance" by ESG(please right click and save as), which is a fabulous way to start the day, along with "R-E-S-P-E-C-T" and "I Feel Good.
4. Write down 5 songs you often listen to or that mean a lot to you.
American Pie by Don McLean...I have always loved it. It seemed really deep the first time I heard it, and provides ample opportunities to mangle the lyrics and/or throw your head back and howl as you kick it up an octave.
Power of Two - Indigo Girls(please right click and save as)
...Introduced to me by a dear friend during our carefree drinking and country dancing phase. Took on new significance when I first met and developed a crush on my husband. My friend and I took him out to dinner and sang this song together in the car, with harmony and everything. Hmm. Actually, that's kind of strange, now that I think about it. I should ask him what he was thinking during that. Hah!
I Will(please right click and save as)
- both the Beatles and Alison Krauss...the first song I sang to each of my children at birth. It just started coming out of my mouth, and it says it perfectly.
Papa Loves Mambo - Perry Como(please right click and save as)
...Haaaaaaa! I bought a compliation CD of cheesy retro latin songs when my oldest was about three, and my kids went nuts for this song. They shimmied and shook their little butts all over the place. We have listened to it on repeat 9000 times and it never gets old. Just good old fashioned corny fun.
Bamboleo - Gipsy Kings(please right click and save as)
...Always makes me happy. It's just great.
Nightingale's Lullaby - Julie Last(please right click and save as)
...Recently, my youngest snuggled in my arms and sang along as I sang this to her. Melted my heart but good. It's a lovely, uncomplicated song, promising peaceful slumber.
Obviously there are hundreds more that leap to mind, most of them much more rockin' and what not ;) But these will have to do for now, as the kids are going apeshit.